For some months now, we have been receiving complaints about files (such as Software, Documents, etc.) on the Computer, Hard drives, USB flash drive, Phones, e.t.c turning into shortcut thereby rendering such files invalid.
Another problem associated with this complaint is that wherever the infected USB flash drive or device is used, be it on a PC, it also affects the Computer, thereby turning the some of the files on the PC to shortcuts. And if a phone is also connected to any affected computer, it also spreads to the phone turning some of the files into shortcuts, rendering the affected files useless and invalid.
This problem can rarely be corrected or nullified with the use of some popular antivirus we know, thus making it more difficult to be tackled. And formatting the affected device is not the best solution because formatting will make you lose your files, and the system you intend in using to format the effected device would have already spread the virus the moment is plugged in to a computer.
But here is the best solution:
Using UsbFix software
Advantages of using USbFix software include:
- It repairs the affected device correctly
- It doesn’t make you lose any of your files
- It also corrects/repair all the affected files making the files valid for use
- And lastly it does not only repair the system you are running USBfix program on, It repairs the flash or phones or any other device connected to it all at once.
How to use UsbFix
- UsbFix is a free software and can be download at http://www.en.usbfix.net/download/usbfix/?wpdmdl=75 , and after downloading the software, install it on the computer you want to run it from.
- After installing, you should see the program shortcut on the desktop of your computer, then right-click and then click Run as administrator.
- Click on the Clean
- Note: Connect other affected devices such as USB flash drive(s), Phone(s)(connected in mass storage mode) e.t.c
- Click OK
6)And that upon it’s completion, your system restarts and yes you are done.
Now your infected computer and plugged devices will now be completely free from virus and all your files are still intact and valid.
Thanks for learning, please add your comment below or write to Us to let us know how we can be of help to you.
Credits to Desaparacedo for the software.